We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Vegan CRU.
CRU's Green Soup- Vegan & Healing
CRU's Green Soup will help you heal from a nasty cold or flu, but also make your tummy/gut feel so good. It's also wonderful to eat on a Fall or Winter day!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 organic zucchini diced
- 1/2 head organic green cabbage cut into bite size chunks
- 1 organic onion diced
- 5-6 cloves organic garlic minced
- 2 lbs organic potatoes peeled and diced
- 1.5 cups organic cilantro finely chopped
- 2 ears organic corn cut into 2 inch sections or the kernels cut off
- 2 medium yuca root peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb organic green beans stemmed and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 1-2 inch piece of organic ginger peeled and left whole
- 2 stalks organic celery chopped
- 7-8 cups CRU's Homemdae Veggie Broth
- 2 tsp organic oregano
- 1 tsp organic cumin
- 1 tsp homemade sazon
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- organic black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil extra virgin
- Get all of your veggies clean and cut for the soup. In a large soup pot, add the E.V.O.O., onion, and celery. Saute until translucent. Then, add the garlic, zucchini, and cabbage in and saute for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add your vegetable broth to the pot. Use 7-8 cups depending on how brothy you like it. Then, you can add the rest- the corn, green beans, potatoes, yuca root, cilantro, ginger, and spices.
- Let this simmer for about 30-35 minutes. Do a taste test to make sure that you don't need more spices. Adjust to your preferences.
CRU's Green Soup is all that you need to get those feel good vibes. Who needs that friggin' chicken noodle soup? This soup heals and gets us back on our feet doing those important things, you know. This soup tastes great over organic brown rice. You could add roasted chickpeas, or black beans to the recipe. Or saute up some jackfruit in some olive oil with salt and pepper...it will taste like chicken. I prefer it to have just the items that I have included in the recipe. It really is delicious. If you can't find yuca root, don't fret. You could add another potato or 2, if you wanted. Yuca root gives it such a nice flavor addition, but the soup is wonderful without it too. We enjoy this soup when we feel sub par, or on a nice chilly day. My hopes are that you will enjoy this healing, vegan, organic soup too.