We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Vegan CRU.
Coconut Milk is something that I use regularly, & since I made the coconut water…I may as well use the coconut “meat” to make coconut milk.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 quart
- 1 coconut
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- With a sharp knife, cut the coconut “meat” away from the inner lining/hull. Chop into cubes.
- Add the chopped coconut to a food processor, I used my Ninja.
- Next, add in 1 cup of filtered water. Then, blend for about 1 minute.
- In muslin cloth or a clean cup towel, pour the contents of the Ninja into the cloth over a large bowl. This will allow all the milk to strain into the bowl.
- Then, I like to take the coconut meat fibers that are in the cloth and put them back into the Ninja 2-3 more times. Repeating the process to get more milk from the meat.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.